About the Data
About The Data
Description: Data from U.S. healthcare facilities that reported at least one HAI to NHSN.
Source: CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
- Central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI)
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI)
- Surgical site infections (SSI) including all types (superficial, deep, and organ/space)
- General acute care hospitals
- Critical access hospitals
- Long-term acute care hospitals
- Inpatient rehabilitation hospitals
Due to insufficient data, long-term care and skilled nursing facilities are not included at this time.
Resistance data for 29 bug-drug profiles or phenotypes, pathogen-antibiotic combinations that are used to describe the bacteria’s resistance to specific drugs such as:
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE)
- Multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa